Thursday, October 4, 2007

Be Still

Both of my churches are moving into Stewardship campaigns as we prepare for our next fiscal year. This obviously gives me as a pastor a lot to think about, sermons to formulate, letters to write, and then the add stress I get from wondering if it will all be enough. In the midst of all this stress however I had a thought, a moment of peace. "Be still and know that I am God." It is the thought that has been going through my head for the last day. I like it. Here I am getting ready to talk about having faith in God and yet somehow I am still worried about whether I am doing enough. I know I still have to do write the sermon and mail the letters, there is a work I need to do, but I don't need to stress about all of the results, I have to remember that I am not the one that is doing the real work here. God is the one at work in people's hearts. Stewardship campaigns are not about sermons and cute gimmicks, these are simply the vehicles that God uses. I can never do enough on this, until I just relax and trust in God. "Be still know that I am God"

No comments: