Thursday, March 1, 2007

Quiet Dedication

Thoughts of what to write have been swirling around in my head all morning just as the snow swirls in chaotic circles in the sky. While I wait for the thoughts to clump together and take shape I wanted to share what I just observed. I have been watching a man dutifully shoveling the sidewalk across the street from me. while many might be inclined to wait since the snow continues to fall he was already working to clear the sidewalk. Not only that but I watch as he patiently shovels load after load of dirty snow that has been spread onto the walk from the street back. His efforts mean a lot to those people who now can walk without filling their shows with nasty polluted snow. This luxury does not come without expense; even as he shovels the walk clean, vehicles continue to drive by, spraying this man and his work with more and more snow. There is something beautiful about his quiet dedication.

No comments: